EMS requires an Electronic Inspector to work in a fast-moving production environment inspecting PCB assemblies to IPC-A-610 (Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies) visually and via Automated Optical Inspection (AOI), including;
- Inspection of PCB assemblies to IPC-A-610 (Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies) Class II as standard, Class III where specified.
- AOI Inspection – predominantly of SMT components, but also THT where applicable.
- AOI Programming – from Engineering data, setup and debug of component tests including presence, part number and solder joints.
- Create consistent reliable new AOI programmes with minimal false calls to create reliable AOI programmes.
- Resolve, develop and implement AOI problem resolution.
- Feedback and report on process indicator errors, to improve processes feeding into AOI.
- PCB Assembly Inspection – including post SMT inspection and final inspection.
A level of experience is required with a minimum of 2 years in a similar fast paced role with a CEM working on multiple assemblies throughout the working day. Full training will be provided for the given machines. The role requires;
- Experience of IPC-A-610 (Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies) is preferred.
- Problem solving mindset to resolve root cause of problems and errors.
- Experience of reading and following work/build instructions.
- Good communication and reporting skills, both verbal and written.
- Good computer literacy with ability to learn new software.
- Positive work ethic.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision when required.
- Ability to multitask effectively and work well under pressure.
- Good reliability.
- 0730 to 1600