EMS Upgrades Reflow Capacity
Thatcham, UK – Electronic Manufacturing Solutions Limited (EMS), announced today the installation of a new Heller 1809 MKIII Convection Reflow Soldering oven, provided by Zen Production Equipment Ltd, a leading UK supplier of electronics assembly equipment.
Heller are a leading global supplier of reflow oven equipment, who have been supplying reflow soldering ovens since the 1980s and have won numerous awards for this innovation and continue to invest in cutting edge research.
The 1809 MKIII offers;
- Integrated user friendly software with excellent zone and profile control for optimal PCB reflow and control over PCBs and components of almost any design or style.
- 9 top and 9 bottom heating zones, providing a total of 18 heaters, with a heated length of 2,540mm.
- 2 cooling zones, with a cooling length of 660mm.
- Excellent energy efficiency and short heat up times.
- High throughout capability.
EMS' Technical Manager Jonathan Plummer said, "The Heller 1809 MKIII is a fantastic investment for EMS, the upgrade on the previous plant is significant across the board with excellent energy efficiency whilst providing an excellent user interface and a massively increased throughout capacity. Which depending on the design and profile required can be up to 3 times faster than the previous plant providing exceptional efficiency improvements."
“The acquisition comes at a perfect time for EMS” said Bernard Chubb, Managing Director of EMS “not only are there exceptional technical improvements but the throughput gain within the same footprint is very significant as EMS looks forward to future projected growth and development, this investment will be a key pillar of future success”.